Pimlico in 1827

Maps of Pimlico – 1827

Christopher (1786-1855) and John Greenwood (fl.1821-1840) were brothers and cartographers who produced large-scale maps of England and Wales in the 1820s. Their partnership began in 1821, using the imprint “C.&J.Greenwood”.

In 1827, they published the Greenwood’s Map of London 1827 – from surveys in 1824, 1825 and 1826.

Greenwood’s map is scaled at eight inches to the mile; it covers London and its surrounding areas and stretches out to Earls Court in the West, to the River Lea and Greenwich in the East, Highgate to the North and to the South, Camberwell.

Below are six sections of the map showing Pimlico and its surrounding areas in 1827.

Greenwood's 1827 map showing parts of Pimlico and Millbank prior to development
Greenwood’s 1827 map showing parts of Pimlico and Millbank prior to development
North of Pimlico - 1827
North of Pimlico – 1827
South of Pimlico - 1827
South of Pimlico – 1827
East of Pimlico - 1827
East of Pimlico – 1827
North West of Pimlico - 1827
North West of Pimlico – 1827
West of Pimlico - 1827
West of Pimlico – 1827

Maps in slideshow


Greenwood’s Map of London 1827
Tags: ×

Comments are closed.